Overseas Travel Requirements

 Customers can take vehicles hired from Wick’s to the following countries;

  • France
  • Spain
  • Germany
  • Holland
  • Belgium
  • Southern Ireland
  • Switzerland
  • Italy

Any other country not listed above is not available for overseas travel due to our Insurance restrictions.

To be able to do this an email needs to be sent to wickcarandvanrental@gmail.com with the following information:

  • Dates from and to
  • Number and ages of drivers
  • Approximate total mileage of your return journey
  • Reason for travel

 Upon receipt of this information Wick’s will supply you with a quote based upon the hire charge for the period required, the charge for any extra drivers. Any drivers must be over 25 and have held a full UK licence for a minimum of two years with no more than 6 points for minor offences.  Maximum drivers allowed is Three drivers in total.

A deposit will need to be paid to cover the insurance excess this deposit will be refundable upon return of the vehicle with no outstanding accident claims or damage being outstanding.

To be able to take one of our vehicles abroad the hirer is required to take out their own 5* recovery cover, (Please note this must cover breakdown), the vehicle must be recovered to the UK should anything happen to it.

A completed VE103B overseas certificate available from http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/driving-abroad/vehicle-on-hire/ at a cost of £8.00 which can take up to 14 days to arrive. Evidence of meeting these requirements will need to be provided when making final payment for the vehicle hire.

Please note Insurance – You will be covered 3rd Party, this means that our insurance will repair the 3rd Party vehicle if we are found at fault, and recover our vehicle back to the UK, however it does not cover for any replacement vehicle during your hire or for any expenses that you may incur as a result of an accident which is deemed to be your fault.


We would strongly advise all customers who take a hire vehicle overseas to have in place travel insurance, should such an emergency arise.


All drivers are required to go onto https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence and complete a licence check and provide the generated code when collecting a vehicle. The code generated is only valid for 21 days so please complete within this time period.

We ask that upon collection the following Documentation is present.

  • Proof of Overseas Breakdown Cover
  • RAC Overseas Certificate
  • Proof of address for Drivers (2nd Id) – Utility Bill or Bank Letter.
  • Proof of return travel information to UK

When booking a vehicle to take abroad a non-refundable deposit of £100.00 will be required with the balance payable four weeks prior to your journey. If your journey is within 4 weeks of booking full payment will be required.

Minibus Fleet Vehicle Hire Specialists for over 35 years. Cars, People Carriers, Mini-Buses, Tipper Trucks, Small Vans to Large Lutons for house removals etc. Full European Use (Special Condtions Apply)
Useful Documents